Till this date, doctors have identified more than 100 types of cancer worldwide. Among that some are dangerous and some others are curable with the help of modern treatments. SIIUT (South Indian Institute and Urology and Transplant) offers best Prostate Cancer Treatment in Chennai.
Prostate Cancer or carcinoma of the prostate is characterized by the unprecedented growth of cancerous cells in the prostate, a gland in the male reproductive system. In most cases, it spreads fast and in some, it will be slow-growing. If left untreated it will spread to other areas of the body like bones, lymph nodes etc. It is hard to detect symptoms at its beginning. The major causes that lead to this are age, genetic factors, smoking etc.
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Difficulty in starting or stopping urination
- Trace of blood in urine
- Swelling in legs or pelvic area
- Numbness or stiffness in hips, legs or feet
- Intermittent pain in bones
Prostate Cancer Treatments ?
- Radical Prostatectomy: In this procedure, the affected gland and surrounding tissues will be removed. If necessary Lymph nodes will also be removed. The surgery can be done as open surgery or laparoscopic surgery. If cancer resurfaces again salvage radical prostatectomy is done.
- Open Prostatectomy: This will be performed if the patient has very large prostate, or have small sacs present in the bladder wall. The patient will be given anesthesia at first, then the doctor will make a 4 or 5 inches long opening. Then prostate gland will be removed without causing damage to nearby tissues or organs. At last remaining part of the urethra will be attached to the bladder.
SIIUT emerged as one of the best hospitals for the treatment of urological diseases in Chennai.
Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org