Kidney stones are the hard, crystalline mineral material which is formed within the kidney or urinary tract. The medical term of kidney stones is Nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones are a common problem which affects one of every 20 people at some point of time in the life.
Kidney stones are formed when urine has excess of stone forming substances or making little amount of urine. The main reason of kidney stones formation is dehydration. The other reasons are
- Family or personal history
- High protein, sodium and sugar diet
- Digestive diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease, gastric bypass surgery, or chronic diarrhea
- Certain medical conditions such as cystinuria, renal tubular acidosis, hyperparathyroidism, some urinary tract infections and medications
- High body mass index
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
- Severe pain in stomach area
- Pain during urination
- Foul smelling or cloudy urine
- Brown, red or pink color of urine
- Persistent need to urinate
- Vomiting and nausea
- Urinating little amounts of urine
- Fever and chills if infection is there
Kidney stones is a common condition and need medical attention, if the pain is severe, vomiting and nausea with pain, fever and chills with pain, blood in urine or difficulty in passing urine.
The Treatment Methods
The treatment of kidney stones include medications, pain relievers, medical therapy, extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL), percutaneous nephrolithotomy (surgically removing stones), and parathyroid gland surgery.
SIIUT (South Indian Institute for Urology Transplant) Chennai is an excellent option for kidney stones treatment. The team in hospital provides best treatment and care to the patients.
Visit Us : www.siiut.com
Mail Us : firstname.lastname@example.org